Welcome to WWW Wednesday, a meme currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s a place for you to do a little update on what your reading plans are.
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
1. Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
Seanan McGuire is my new fave. I’m ashamed to say it took me this long to finally pick this one up. I’m about halfway through this novella and loving every. single. minute of it! Give me all the creepy and monstrous things! The writing is also fantastic and really atmospheric. Just like Every Hear A Doorway, which I also loved 😀
2. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
YA Fantasy! This is one of my picks for The Reading Quest. I’m only two chapters in so far? The first one was rather slow, but things are definitely picking up. The novel is about a young princess who has to fight to reclaim her dead mother’s throne.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Wildfire by Ilona Andrews: Third book in the Hidden Legacy series! Amazing Urban Fantasy novel with a cool mystery to unravel, lots of humor, and a swoony romance! Review here.
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh: Mulan retelling! Sadly, the lack of world-building, slow and dragging pace, and undeveloped relationships made this not enjoyable for me. Review here.
- Wish You Were Here by Renée Carlino: Emotional romance novel! Extreme case of instalove, selfish main character, and it deals with a subject that is particularly painful for me. Not the book for me. Review here.
What do you think you’ll read next?
Illegal Contact by Santino Hassell
M/M Sports Romance! This should be out by next week, and I’m really looking forward to more of Hassell’s writing.
New York Barons tight end Gavin Brawley is suspended from the team and on house arrest after a video of him brawling goes viral. Gavin already has a reputation as a jerk with a temper on and off the field—which doesn’t help him once he finds himself on the wrong side of the law. And while he’s been successful professionally, he’s never been lucky when it comes to love.