Welcome to WWW Wednesday, a meme currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s a place for you to do a little update on what your reading plans are.
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
1. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Finally! I feel like the last person in the world who’s read this 😛 I’m about halfway through and I’m loving it! The world-building is fascinating, and you can tell there’s a lot to learn about each character. I’m really hope I get to finish it this week.
2. The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Uuugghh, I’m still only at the very beginning of this. It’s more due to lack of time + getting distracted by others books. I know that I have to read this during a day when I can really forget about the world and immerse myself in this universe. So far, that day hasn’t come. It’s a holiday on Friday, though, so hopefully I’ll manage to read at least a few chapters!
What did you recently finish reading?
- Bittersweet (True North #1) by Sarina Bowen: Super sweet read! Finished in one sitting. Review to come this week.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: This book fucked me up, but it was amazing. Review to come soon!
What do you think you’ll read next?
The Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty
This is an ARC review copy, and I made a commitment with the publisher to review it. I’ve heard some worrying things about the author making use of the dark skinned aggressor trope, so I’m going to be very careful about this. I actually am about 15% in, and am already noticing some problems in addition to that. 😦
An obstinate girl who will not be married.
A soldier desperate to prove himself.
A kingdom on the brink of war.